Saturday, December 24, 2005

A Rude awakening.

So I’m back at the $1/$2 NL tables and playing reasonably conservative… when I get dealt 8 6 suited in the big blind. A tight player in late position raised it to $7, and since I was getting a relatively cheap price, I called it, and so did another player.


The flop comes A 8 8…

And I check, so does middle position guy, and the guy who originally raised bets $20, I go ahead and raise it to $40, and middle position calls!... and so does Mr. Late position… Turn card is a 7, and I’ve got this sick feeling that middle position has an 8 as well, and if he does, I’m in a shit load of trouble. So I throw in $40, and just wait to see what he does, he raises it to $80, and late position calls… and now I know the bad news, but I can’t fold it and just hope that the river brings a high card or pairs the board so that we may split the pot. The river is a 7 (thank god!), and I check, middle position goes all in, late position calls, and I’m all in as well… And mid pos flips up J 8, late guy flips A K… and I get off with a very cheap lesson. I had then realized why it is truly bad to see the flop just because you’re getting a cheap price… and I played incredibly tight after that point and came out ahead $243… not bad for 3 hours work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home