Saturday, March 25, 2006

Addiction is growing...

So, not satisfied with the winning session yesterday I decide to try my shot today. What a miserable bunch of cards... Not one fucking hand... nothing... my stack kept going down and down... I stole a couple pots, and got my bluff called a couple times... I finally pick up a hand "QQ" and everyone folds to my raise.. oh well... I'm in middle position and I pick up Ad 8d... I bump it up to $22... I get one caller..

flop is 7 9 3...

He bets $22... and I'm thinking, what on earth could he have that he bet less than half the pot with... Thought he had low pockets so I decide to represent an over pair...

"Times 3... "... and I throw in $66..

He puts me all in (clearly fucking flopped a set.. prolly 7's or 3's), and now I gotta find a way to save grace ...

"hmm... its so obvious you got a set... umm... fine, I usually call and regret it, so I'll listen to my hindsight... I fold"

He shows a set of 3's and the table thinks I made a great laydown... but more importantly the guy that won thought I was a stupid rock that would fold to a re-raise whenever.

A few hands go by and I've got Q 5 in late position... so I limp in, and its all checked...

flop is 3 Q 4...

This guy (who thinks I'm a rock) checks... I bet out $20... everyone else folds except for Mr. Jonny Chan wannabe...

turn card is a J... and he bets $90 representing a set?? *BULL SHIT*.. I go all in for $110 and he's sick about it and calls.. he shows pocket 10's, and my Q holds up...

Then he says to me "what a ballsy fucking call... you had just a 5 kicker"... I smugly replied with "Represent a set on the flop, not the turn ok...".. what a moron, thinks that I will fold whenever someone puts me all in...

Bottom line is, he tells me on the flop that he has a draw, (either over cards, or maybe a weird straight draw or maybe a queen with not a very good kicker).. Then on the turn he tells me he's got a monster.. *yeah right*... But funny thing is his bet... He bet double the pot on the turn, after *just* calling my bet on the flop. Well if you indeed wanna lure me into a trap since you just called me on the flop, why are you in a hurry to drive me out of the pot so quickly?... And I can't just assume that he thinks that I think he's that good of a player to make such a play because such a play would only work against someone who's also thinking along those lines... Its more likely that he noticed I only had $110 left and a bet like $40 if called would make me pot committed... Perhaps, however irony is a bet of $40 would have got me out of the hand because it didn't break the flow of his initial story that much.

I mean, imagine for a moment you're watching a movie about a lawyer that is battling this really tough case, and midway through the trial the lawyer announces that he can't defend his client anymore on account of the fact that he's an intergalactic space alien and has to go back to his mothership because his home planet is under attack by space pirates. The moral is, have the fucking conviction to stick to your initial story...

The guy next to him then says "So all I gotta do to get your chips is represent the wrong hand and then pretend like I got something else??".. *BINGO!... Welcome to the next level in holdem...*

Net result: +$74...

For getting virtually no cards and really only winning some cash with Q 5.. I think it was not bad...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home